I usually start searching/select in mutt using search “/”, “tag-pattern” “T” or limit view “l” commands, you can specify one or more patterns to make the commands apply to only desired matches.
These commands allow you to specify a pattern to match :
~b– Search in the message body.
~B– Search in the whole message.
~f– Message originated from the USER
- ~t – Messages addressed to USER
~Q– Messages which have been replied to.
- ~s – Messages having SUBJECT
- ~d – Messages in a Data range MIN-MAX (e.g ~d <1w)
- ~d – Messages tagged (fixme)
You need Pattern Modifier or Complex Patters, hier
Logical AND is performed by specifying more than one criterion
- ! — logical NOT operator
- | — logical OR operator
- () — logical grouping operator
The search is case sensitive if the pattern contains at least one upper case letter, and case insensitive otherwise.